SEO and Web Analytics Specialist (m/f)
Convergent Media Group is a digital production agency providing services for global brands for the global market. Since 2008, together with our other offices, we have delivered more than 15000 projects on more than 70 markets worldwide for over 150 power brands.
If the idea of exploring hundreds of GA Properties for global websites, implementing their tracking, creating in-depth reports or custom dashboards, and helping them to improve their organic search performance gets you excited, join our experienced Analytics/SEO team in either Zagreb or Pula office!
You don’t have to be a master of both web analytics and SEO.
If you have a strong skill set and experience in either area, there will be plenty of work and opportunities for you at CMG.
Tools we use on a daily basis: Google stack (Analytics 360 & GA4, Search Console, Tag Manager, Data Studio, Sheets, Optimize), Ahrefs, SEMrush, DeepCrawl, Screaming Frog, SuperMetrics.
What we need from you
- Collect and analyse website traffic and performance data, from standard Google Analytics reports to deep-dives into user behaviour patterns, discovering website improvement opportunities, or finding tracking errors.
- Create accurate, understandable, and actionable reports for corporate clients or other CMG departments.
- Implement event tracking and support project leaders in defining website goals, key metrics, and KPIs.
- Support other teams with questions regarding your expertise (tracking, analytics, or SEO).
- Conduct comprehensive Technical SEO audits for international websites.
- Conduct keyword research for English-speaking markets, analyse competition and create comparative reports for client brands, find content gaps and other content-related opportunities.
- Perform detailed SEO audits, on-site and off-site, produce improvement recommendations and develop strategic SEO guidelines.
- Analyse, assess and originate key on-site copy for SEO (URLs, page titles & descriptions, headings, alt-text, structured data markup).
- Create redirection mappings, XML sitemaps (with hreflang geotargeting), and robots.txt files.
What you need to land it:
- Excellent English language proficiency in writing and speaking.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Search Console.
- Good understanding of Google ranking factors and SEO principles.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and website development process.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (or Google equivalents).
- Eagerness to continuously learn and improve your competencies.
For more advanced positions:
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics – creating custom reports and dashboards, using segments and RegEx filters, fixing implementation errors. Experience with BigQuerry, Enhanced Ecommerce, and Measure Protocol will be appreciated.
- Familiarity with Google Tag Manager. Masterful knowledge of GTM implementation would be a big benefit.
- Up-to-date knowledge of GA4 and its differences from UA
- Deep understanding of Google’s current crawling, indexing and ranking guidelines.
- Excellent knowledge of SEO factors and practices. We focus mostly on technical and content-related on-site optimizations, but off-site SEO experience will also be considered an advantage.
- Experience using crawling tools (Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, DeepCrawl) to determine technical SEO issues. Experience in using any SEO tool is an advantage.
- Prior experience in writing client-facing web analytics and SEO reports. Copywriting experience is welcome.
- Basic/intermediate knowledge of statistics.
- Experience using Google Data Studio or any data visualization program (Power BI, Tableau).
- Data science or database admin experience, programming skills in SQL, Python, or R.
- Graphic and website design skills.
- Great communication skills, and experience in creating and holding executive-level presentations.
- Mentorship and educational experience.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, creativity, and problem-solving mindset.
- Desire to learn, grow and stay up-to-date with the latest marketing trends and news, such as Google algorithm updates and SEO strategies.
...and what's in it for you?
- Growth & Development. Once onboarded, you will have opportunities to gain experience, grow, and further develop your expertise participating in internal trainings, seminars, and workshops. We believe in continuous learning and make sure there is educational budget.
- You won’t be bored. Our environment is dynamic and fast-paced. We never stagnate.
- We take care of each other. We love friendly colleagues and are always ready to listen and give a hand when things get rough. We solve problems together, no matter how big or small.
- Best.Team.Ever. Teamwork makes the dream work, and in our case, one of the best-in-class digital solutions for our global clients. We don't want to brag, but our team building, and social events are legendary.
- Work-life Balance. We have flexible working hours, and your after-work time is cherished and encouraged. Choose between working from home full time, working from the office, or a mix between the options. If going in the office, bring your furry friend, we are very pet friendly.
- Perks & Benefits. Other benefits, like Multisport card, additional health insurance and loads of internal activations to keep your body and mind healthy plus various kinds of bonuses, because we don’t believe a tap on the shoulder is enough :)