CMG Croatia is looking for a Design Director to join and work alongside our dedicated CMGers in our Pula & Zagreb offices to produce high-end work for our global clients. You’ll lead a team of designers, video editors, 3D artists, UX/UI specialists and copywriters, and be responsible for creating and applying strategic design thinking to deliver best-in-class work for a wide range of digital media (web, apps, videos, TVC...), brand campaigns, platforms and more.
Your roles & responsibilities:
- Responsible for elevating the level of craft and shaping the vision, process, and frameworks for exceptional creativity across multiple digital tactics
- Steering a team of creatives and designers to guarantee the best quality of delivery, ensuring the work on both an aesthetic and functional level
- Taking ownership of entire projects, providing strong leadership and direction while interacting with clients, and wider internal team
- Nourishing client relationships, guiding, inspiring designers, and bringing harmony to our people, projects, and processes
- Leading by example, always perfecting the tiniest details
- 6+ years of experience in a creative/design leadership role (preferably in a digital agency environment)
- An online portfolio that proves you can work across different mediums & platforms. Your Adobe, Figma, and Sketch knowledge should be well-versed
- A strong fundamental knowledge of —interaction design, user-centered design, brand development, digital marketing, and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities, as well as client-facing experience
- You have a strong philosophy on leadership, and you enjoy mentoring and fostering the growth of junior team members. You know how to empower and lead without a show of force, giving our in-house teams a sense of ownership over their projects
...and what's in it for you?
- Growth & development. Once onboard, you will be given amazing opportunities to learn, grow, and develop your expertise, through internal training, seminars, workshops, and knowledge-sharing corporate culture. We have a dedicated educational budget company-wide. Work daily in a dynamic & high-paced environment and never stagnate!
- Best.Team.Ever. Teamwork makes the dream work, and in our case – best in class digital solutions for our global clients. Did you know our team won the Young Lions competition in the digital 2 years in a row?
- Work-life balance. Choose between work-from-home options, flexible working hours, and occasional furry friends in our pet-friendly environment.
- Still not convinced? There is unlimited coffee (in all our offices), team buildings, themed parties, additional health insurance, Multisport cards, random rounds of applause, and many other monetary and non-monetary benefits.