Business Development Director (m/f)
Do you have a knack for tackling problems and satisfying clients’ needs is your forte? Great, you'll fit right in. We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Business Development Director to help us expand our clientele.
You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
Business Development Director is a strategic, high-profile role and the goal is to drive sustainable financial growth across the Business Development Team through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with new, as well as existing clients.
The ideal candidate should be familiar with all aspects of digital marketing, highly skilled at sales and business operations and should have a proven track record of successful sales management and revenue generation. As a principal point of contact, the ideal candidate also needs to thoroughly understand the full range of services CMG offers and should be able to work with multiple disciplines across the group to strategically and eloquently solve the client’s business challenges by bringing value and leveraging their resources.
We know there are a ton of similar job ads, but we’re not just any kind of agency. We offer an opportunity to work with established and mature global brands.
During our 21 years of work, we’ve built strong and long-term relationships with our clients, which in translation means you will gain amazing insight into the ways of working with some of them!
What we need from you:
- Have an appetite for learning and growing with the team
- Take ownership of personal, team & company targets and understand their correlation with overall business success
- Lead Business Development, manage existing sales pipeline and the development of new business opportunities for the CMG Croatia office.
- Lead and orchestrate new business proposals and pitches: developing best-in-class RFI/RFP responses
- Cast and guide cross-functional teams, build strategies to win, and pinpoint any barriers to overcome.
- Oversee the development of new case studies, work closely with business leaders across the agency.
- Understand changing agency landscape, identify our competitors’ points of difference to create a competitive advantage
- Develop and implement plans for long-term prospecting, cross-selling, and upselling to drive growth
What you need to land it:
- Bachelor’s degree: MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years’ client experience with 5 years in sales, marketing, or related field
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive, or relevant role
- Strong English language proficiency (written and verbal)
- Strategic planning, consultation, and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, both online and in person
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and flourish with minimal guidance
- Proactive attitude and ability to handle uncertainty
- Prior advertising agency experience/background with international clients with an understanding of online activities and web technologies within the digital advertising space is beneficial
...and what's in it for you?
- Growth & Development. Once onboarded, you will have opportunities to gain experience, grow, and further develop your expertise participating in internal trainings, seminars, and workshops. We believe in continuous learning and make sure there is educational budget.
- You won’t be bored. Our environment is dynamic and fast-paced. We never stagnate.
- We take care of each other. We love friendly colleagues and are always ready to listen and give a hand when things get rough. We solve problems together, no matter how big or small.
- Best.Team.Ever. Teamwork makes the dream work, and in our case, one of the best-in-class digital solutions for our global clients. We don't want to brag, but our team building, and social events are legendary.
- Work-life Balance. We have flexible working hours, and your after-work time is cherished and encouraged. Choose between working from home full time, working from the office, or a mix between the options. If going in the office, bring your furry friend, we are very pet friendly.
- Perks & Benefits. Other benefits, like Multisport card, additional health insurance and loads of internal activations to keep your body and mind healthy plus various kinds of bonuses, because we don’t believe a tap on the shoulder is enough :)